|Location||Atlanta - Georgia - United States, Lowell - Massachusetts - United States, Weston - Florida - United States|
|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GCIA, GCWN, GMON, GDSA|
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers #WeAreUKG
Description & Qualifications
UKG is seeking a Principal Security Architect to work in our Global Security team. The Security Architecture team contributes to the Global Security and UKG missions by building and maintaining solid mutual beneficial partnerships with all areas of the business. We are strong believers of security as a business enablers, hence to achieve this level of partnership, we strive to provide responsive, easy to maintain cost effective security solutions. We are a highly versatile and technical team, gleaning from network engineering, developers, application security, software architecture, and Third-Party/Partner reviews.
This is a rare opportunity for the right Principal Software Security Architect to join UKG’s award winning team. You will be working alongside some of the best in the business. If you are qualified and want to join our top-rated team, apply online today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
• Evaluate solutions, architectures and processes to assess risk
• Identify solutions to remediate risk
• Evaluate Third Party Assessments & Partners security postures and adherence to UKG standards.
• Develop software frameworks both for internal and external consumption
• Push for security software development lifecycle - including thread models and code reviews.
• Serve as a security thought leader for multiple security domains
• Partner with Business Units to review the proposed architecture for complex business & application projects.
• Design enterprise-class security networks, applications, and systems for Dev, QA and Production environments
• Create & Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
• Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
• Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
• Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
• Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
• Use current programming language and technologies to write code, complete programming, perform testing and debugging of applications
• Train users in implementation or conversion of systems
• Be trusted as expert advisor for security related questions, lead meetings and projects
• Threat Modeling, Risk Analysis, Design and/or Architecture Reviews
• Understand and use threat model methodologies/Risk Analysis and or Architecture Review methods to be able to model application/network/systems and understand Threats.
• Document necessary security controls/requirements that should be in place.
• Deep dive into the code to understand what is happening or validate if controls were implemented appropriately.
7 or more years’ experience in:
• Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies - Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions, working with Security, Information Technology, and Product Development teams.
• Security considerations of cloud computing: They include data breaches, broken authentication, hacking, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss and DoS attacks.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (.Net, Java, Python)
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP
• Web Services Security (WS-Security, JWT)
• Static Source Code Review Tools (e.g. Fortify, Checkmarx, Veracode, etc).
• Operation System Hardening (Window Server, Linux)
• Application Service Hardening (CIS, NSA/DOD STIGs)
• Self-Lead and Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Team working, including the ability to drive projects and initiatives in multiple departments
• Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
• The ability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background
• BA or BS in information security, engineering, computer science, or related area.
• A Master’s degree in an IT field is a plus, and a Master’s in cybersecurity is an even bigger plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.